- 5 Numbers
- Cyber Security Operations Manager
- The security analyst monitors security events from the various SOC entry channels (SIEM, Tickets, Email and Phone), based on the security event severity, escalate to managed service support teams, tier2information security specialist, and/or customer as appropriate to perform further investigation and resolution.
- Works as part of a team to ensure that corporate data and technology platform components are safeguarded from known threats
- Communicate effectively with customers, teammates, and management
- Follow ITIL practices regarding incident, problem and change management
- Document and maintain customer build documents, security procedures and processes.
- Staying up-to-date with emerging security threats including applicable regulatory security requirements.
- Other responsibilities and additional duties as assigned by the security management team
Ideal candidates will have as much of the following
- Preferred Information Security professional designations such as CISSP, CISM, CISA
- 1-3 years previous Security Operations Centre Experience in conducting security investigations
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong written communication skills and presentation skills
- Self-starter, critical and strategic thinker, negotiator and consensus builder
- Good knowledge of IT including multiple operating systems and system administration skills (Windows, Linux)
- Basic knowledge of client-server applications, multi-tier web applications, relational databases, firewalls, VPNs, and enterprise Anti-Virus products
- Strong understanding of security incident management, malware management and vulnerability management processes
- Must: Security monitoring experience with any SIEM tool and intrusion detection technologies
- Experience with web content filtering technology -policy engineering and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, WANs, LANs, and commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, FTP, POP, LDAP
- A Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in a relevant area of study with a preference for Information Security, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Excellent English written and verbal skills.
- Shift work required
- After-hours availability required