About the business
Times Internet is the largest digital products company and the digital venture of Times of India.
The Times Group is a long-standing leader in the print business, as well as an emerging leader in all other forms of media, including radio, TV, magazines, out of the home, and more. The Group's key brands include The Times of India, the world's largest broadsheet English daily; The Economic Times, India's largest (and the world's second largest) financial daily; Femina, India's largest women's magazine; Filmfare, India's largest English film magazine; Radio Mirchi, India's largest FM radio network; Times Now and ET Now, India's leading English news and business news channels and Zoom, a leading general entertainment channel.
Business Needs / Situation
- Customer’s objective
- Customer’s 24X7 Online application needs fail-proof storage. Stack Holders using the app (Multiple concurrent Online & offline users) should have a seamless experience.
Challenges faced by the customer
- Current storage is not able to cater to the required performance
- Storage expansion issue
- Legacy Hardware maintenance
- Current storage is End Of Life
- Management complexity
- Storage with future scalability
- No performance issue
- No downtime to update the software
- Easy to manage
- Storage utilization & resources consumption reports characterizing workflow for effective sizing and planning of the storage infrastructure.
- The ability to scale to as per needs and mix and match applications within the same hardware
The solution recommended and why
- Isilon Scale-out NAS – storage can be easily expanded by adding addition node on the fly
- Maximum uptime with redundant hardware and fault tolerance feature
- Performance increases with an increase in capacity
- Non-disruptive upgrades and rollback
- Easy to manage - No storage admin require to manage Isilon storage
- Monitoring & reporting for future storage expansion planning
- Able to handle mix and match workloads in the same storage with Hybrid configuration
- Replication feature
- Scale-Out NAS (Isilon) integrated into the customer’s existing network
- Seamless Data migration from old storage to new storage
- Configure NAS share as per current workflow
- Configured solutions keeping security best practices in mind
Implementation / Deployment
Step by step procedure carried out by our engineer
- Customer Kick of meeting for activity schedule
- Documented data to be migrated from old storage to Isilon
- Rack stack of Isilon nodes & switches
- Power, network connectivity ( Frontend and backend traffic)
- Configured cluster
- Updated OneFS version
- Created NAS users & shares
- Configured FTP users and shares
- Migrated data from old storage to new storage with customized scrips
- Configured InsightIQ for monitoring and reporting
Improvements brought by the solution
- High-performance NAS along with greater scalability
- Eased Administrative Burden
- Advanced monitoring and reporting tools to identify performance bottlenecks in workflows and minimize the amount of high-performance storage required in your environment.
- InsightIQ provides advanced analytics to optimize applications, correlate workflow and network events, and accurately forecast your future storage needs.
- Each node contribute the network path to get the maximum performance for simultaneous share access on the network
Why New Era?
Founded in 2001 with a mission to make you experience IT, New Era is now a leading SI and Premium Solution Provider in the IT space. With a lean and mean workforce of 100+ employees, we are dedicated to providing the most straightforward solutions with the latest technology, to give your business a boost.
Being one of the Top Intel Platinum Partners and partners with most of the renowned IT companies across the country, we take privilege in providing solutions that are proven world over. Our focus is to provide professional services, and our approach is entirely customer oriented.
At New Era, we strive to be a trusted partner in the IT infrastructure and services arena. We are committed to achieving your business objectives, by delivering professional services and adopting innovative technologies.